Final Piece

Final Piece

About the Blog

This blog is a representation of my working progress as an Artist and Writing. Everything here is an example of my work and a journey through my working. It acts as a documentation of various projects, ideas and rough experiments, starting from my time at University and beyond.

08/05/2015

Discussion | Talk with Garry | Ideas on Space and Work

After further discussing my piece I realised that what I was actually doing was the thing I was trying to avoid. By trying to do more to the transcript I was having too much involvement with the text. By simple showing the transcript and audio as it is, I already have the outcome I was looking for. The transcript doesn't match a hundred percent with the audio because it doesn't contain the pauses and movements present in the sound. Also upon transcribing the piece I may have made mistakes and interpreted the sound a little differently. So presenting the two together creates these two parallel pieces that dip in and out of synch. Also by placing the text in two different fonts, I have created this idea of how the some text can be more catching than others. The overall aim of this piece is to create something that represents how we respond differently to writing and audio. By having the two separate I invite the audience to experience and respond how they wish to further this experiment.