Final Piece

Final Piece

About the Blog

This blog is a representation of my working progress as an Artist and Writing. Everything here is an example of my work and a journey through my working. It acts as a documentation of various projects, ideas and rough experiments, starting from my time at University and beyond.

24/04/2015

Research | One to One Sessions | Reflecting on my practice | Notes on Exhibition piece

I am an observer of language
When I mess about with it too much it becomes forced

Start with an audio instead of writing
No- as well as writing

So there’s the transcript of the interview the talk
And then there’s the audio- the audio will respond to the writing.

These are parallel parts.

They disengage and re-engage
It is an attempt to represent what we read and what we hear and how we might engage with these 2 different things.

Dworkin and Goldsmith- artists responding to work.
Description/response
Response/description

Want to apply some of this critical perspective or framework to my own work and in particular use this collection of texts to explore how others have done this before me- to enable me to respond fluidly rather than forcefully.

The works I will use to experiment with are 3 interviews with students.
I already have the audio and text.

I want to play with the audio.

No more than 2 minutes. This will allow for the audience to respond. I need to make a space for the audience to hear read and respond. It needs to be conducive; people need to be clear about what they can do in the space if they want to.

This will also allow me to explore observations of how we read and how we listen. An example is the ticket machine. This is my research- primary research in a way.

I want to create, play with the transcript. Try some of the anthology examples as a way of practicing, playing, just to keep me fresh. I can refine what I’ve done later. Playbox, tool box.


Some of this has grown as a response to and from the sound booth experiences gained through creative networks interviews. I’ve been living audio and text for so long.