Final Piece

Final Piece

About the Blog

This blog is a representation of my working progress as an Artist and Writing. Everything here is an example of my work and a journey through my working. It acts as a documentation of various projects, ideas and rough experiments, starting from my time at University and beyond.

26/04/2015

Research | Book | Against Expression | Conceptual Writing | William Burroughs

This set of research is aimed at looking at various ways Artists and Writers experiment and use existing texts, by doing so i'm looking at ways I might explore, experiment and present my already existing transcript for the end of year exhibition.

Through past research and my dissertation focus into Brion Gysin's discovery of the Cut Up technique, I have some substantial knowledge into the work and uses of this technique by William S. Burroughs.

The use of the cut up technique reforms and reimagines already existing text and purposeful placement of words, in turn making sense in part accidental rather than a writer purposefully stringing sentences together to create full and meaningful works of fiction and non fiction. By freeing the words it seems to open up new interpretation and ideas to enter and leak in. This use of an artists technique as a writer has formed a more free flowing way of writing, keeping the artists or writers personal involvement to a minimum through this act of chance.